Another recipe. The Mediterranean chicken with pesto on olive bread finds an esteem place as a healthy sandwich idea. When mixed with Pesto, and dressed with lettuce and tomatoes, you are sure to relish this great taste. It will serve as a complete meal.
- 4 Slices of Olive Bread
- 2 Grilled Chicken Breasts (Sliced)
- 3 Artichoke Hearts
- 4 Sundried Tomatoes
- 2 Table Spoons of Pesto (Store-Bought)
- 2 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Take artichoke hearts and cut them into half with the help of a knife.
- Roast these half cut artichoke hearts in over for about 8 minutes or till they become slightly brown.
- Cut these roasted artichoke hearts into thin slices.
- Now take olive bread and keep it in the oven to toast it.
- Spread pesto on both slices of olive bread.
- Top it with chicken breast pieces and artichoke hearts.
- Dress it with dried tomatoes and lettuce leaves.
- Put the other slice of olive bread on top and enjoy your first bite.
- Olives have lots of health benefits and olive bread chosen for this recipe is known to have monounsaturated fats and Vitamin E.
- Grilled chicken is a good source of protein, carbohydrate, vitamins and minerals. It is also healthier than fried chicken as grilling uses less oil than deep-frying.
- Artichoke Hearts are rich in fibre and help in digestion.
- Romaine Lettuce used in the preparation has low sugar and contains proteins and calcium